Monday, May 5, 2008

Updates...

When I started this I thought it would be easier to post pictures and updates about stories I'm working on, but the camera on my phone doesn't work well at night and well I'm usually too busy with the bigger camera I have shooting my story. I've also been having some reporter issues that have left me drained everyday from holding back and not telling them what a horrible person they are.....but anyway...

I've been covering some interesting things lately like this thing that happened up in Merced last week.

This guy ran into a court house with 2 kitchen knives, 1 in each hand, and stormed into a court room. He didn't respond the sheriffs deputies and they opened fire killing him. Everything happened so quick, it was hard to put together what happened. For our station we sent 2 reporters and 3 photogs, which is rare, and we had some awesome team coverage up there, blowing everyone away....except that for the 5 (whenever I refer to a number as an object, I'm talking about our shows at 5, 6, and 11) we had terrible audio because we weren't able to tune in a good enough signal from where we were I tried to tell them that is was where the truck was parked and we needed to turn it 180° and it would be ok, but they just had us use it anyway and setup another truck that actually got a worse signal. They finally cracked and listened to me almost an hour after I told them what the problem was.

Well we got the 5 and 6 taken care of and then had some time to rest and prepare for the 11.

One part of this job I could really do without is the dead bodies...and having to get video of the coroner taking them away. We won't air video of a dead body, but we will show a dead body in a body bag. I was 5 feet from this guy as he was being wheeled into the coroner's van, it smelled, and it was weird.

Anyway, more will come, but until then if you have any questions feel free to email me or comment below.

No comments: