Sunday, March 2, 2008

Freelancing isn't free...

I got a call at ablout 10pm Thursday night from guy saying he was down a shooter and needed someone to help with hockey on Friday. Though I shoot hockey pretty regularly for my station, it had been over 2 years since I shot for these guys. I've been trying for a while to get higher up on the call list, but working weekends makes it tough because there are a lot of games on the weekends that i've had to turn down because of my regular job.
Things went pretty good, picked up the way they flow quick, and the game flew by. I was running one of the cameras that gets put up on the big screen. I was assigned the main game camera, so I was providing most of the closeups. It was pretty fun going from chasing the puck, couples for the kiss cam, to chasing down crazy people dancing. Everyone said I did a good job, hopefully on the list. I really like doing stuff like that, I just wished my schedule worked with me enough so I could do it more often.

No comments: